Mr. Wright - Room H-3
Theater Arts is an
introductory nin-week course centered on the quarter rotation of the
"elective wheel" at Laguna Middle School. The class will follow the
California State Content Standards fro visual and performing arts.
Those standards include:
- Development of theatre vocabulary.
- Comprehension and analysis of dramatic elements within a script.
- Use improvision.
- Maintain a rehearsal script/notebook to record directions and blocking.
- Create character, environments, and actions.
- Understand the historical contirbutions and cultural dimensions of theater.
- Develope the ability to critique and analyze the meaning of performance.
- Learn about careers in and related to theater.
Students will maintain a daily journal or
interactive notebook that will set the stage for the objective to
follow. Students will be encouraged to share their ideas and opinions
prior to each lesson. During the class, students will often work in
groups to develop a performance based on example or prior
experience.Each student will learn an evaluation process that
encourages identification of elements within a performance and provide
constructive input. Students will be introduced to what makes a
production including basic props, costuming, sets, lighting, and sound.
Finally, students will be introduced tp performing arts history dating
back to ancient Greek, Roman, Medieval, Reinaissance, and Elizabeth
Theater. Some attention will also include American and Eastern Theater.